Chocolate Works and Seven Bites have teamed up this Purim and are giving away a FREE Mishloach Manot!
How to Enter?
1. "Like" Chocolate Works on Facebook
2. "Like" Seven Bites on Facebook
3. Let us know that you've entered by commenting on this post on our Facebook Page. Click here
4. All entries must be in by 2/26/2015 at 5:00 pm.
The winner will be chosen at random and announced Thursday evening.
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Monday, February 16, 2015
Serving: 4 glass mini trifle bowls
10.7 oz package of red velvet Oreo's
8 oz. of cream cheese
11.5 oz. of dark chocolate chips
8 oz. of cool whip
7 oz. of whip cream
Raspberries to top it off!
1. Crush up the oreos until they are a crumb-like texture. Divide and press evenly into each trifle bowl
2. Thinly slice each banana. Evenly lay out the banana slices on top of the oreo layer
3. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds
4. Place the cream cheese in a separate bowl. Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese and mix together using an electric mixer
5. Fold in the cool whip to the cream cheese and place mixture on top of the banana layer
6. Add a nice even layer of whip cream to the top, and a few raspberries to finish off your dessert!
Friday, February 13, 2015
~Share a hot fudge sundae with your sweetheart~
1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
12 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
12 oz. of evaporated milk
10 oz. of dark chocolate chips
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips on low heat
2. While stirring, add in the vanilla, sugar, and salt to the chocolate
3. Over medium-high heat, add in the evaporated milk
4. Once it comes to a slight boil, turn the burner on a low heat and add in the dark chocolate chips
5. Continue to stir until melted
6. Serve warm and store in fridge for later use
Thursday, February 5, 2015
10 oz package of spinach
1 cup of cooked quinoa
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
1 red pepper
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1/4 cup of Newman's Sesame Ginger Low Fat dressing
1. Place spinach on a cutting board. Finely chop spinach leaves, and then place in a large bowl.
2. Dice red pepper. Add to the bowl of spinach.
3. Add quinoa, sliced almonds, and sesame seeds into the bowl.
4. Before serving, slice avocado and add into the bowl.
5. Slowly pour the dressing in the bowl and mix until the salad is tossed well.
Sunday, February 1, 2015
The perfect Super Bowl snack...
Making pigs in blankets from a box is the easiest way to go, but if you want to make yours different, spice it up with some seasoning. You can't go wrong with an everything bagel, so why not put it on a pigs in a blanket??
40 pre made pigs in blankets
(I bought this package: Cohen's Mini Beef Franks in Puff Pastry)
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of dried minced garlic
2 tablespoons of dried minced onion
Kosher salt to taste
1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take a baking sheet and lay down tin foil. Spray a light layer of cooking spray.
3. Place hotdogs on baking sheet. Make sure that they do not touch.
4. Whisk an egg, and lightly coat the top of each hotdog blanket.
5. In a small bowl, mix poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried onion, dried garlic and salt.
6. Sprinkle seasonings on top of hotdog blankets.
7. Switch oven temperature to 375 degrees and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.